In October, several of our anthropology alumni visited the department to give a panel on career development to our undergraduate students. Students got the opportunity to hear about the experiences of alumni, how they navigated their careers after graduation, and how anthropology has helped them in their current positions.
Alumni Panelists included:
- Ana Reyes Albarracin '10, B.A., Fellow, Change Makers Collaborative
- Kristen Bergery '11, B.A., Senior Faculty Specialist, Department of Geographical Sciences, University of Maryland
- Katie Chen '14, B.A., International Human Resources Specialist, University Research Co., LLC (URC) & Center for Human Services (CHS)
- Zev Cossin '10, B.A., Archaeologist
- Joseph Harden '15, B.A., Student Services Coordinator, Maryland English Institute, University of Maryland
- Noah Maghsadi '17, B.A. Intern, NDC Partnership, World Resources Institute
- Karen Middleton '12, B.A., Social Science Researcher, Smithsonian Institution
Thank you to our amazing alumni for keeping in touch and providing invaluable insight to our current students. We hope you continue to inspire others around you and keep working towards your goals. Best of luck in all your future endeavors!
The event was coordinated by Erik Hanson, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies. For more information or details about upcoming alumni panels or events, contact Erik Hanson at ehanson [at] umd [dot] edu.