The Department of Anthropology is a proud participant of the Office of Sustainability's Green Office Program.
True sustainability happens when it is embedded into our core operation. The Green Office Program engages staff, faculty and students in a dynamic initiative that promotes best environmental practices at the University of Maryland. The program supports and promotes offices/units that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint. It seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices. The program operates through a network of representatives (GO Reps) in schools, centers and administrative units.
The goals of the program are to:
· Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland’s position as a national leader in sustainability
· Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
· Educate participants about how and why to take action
· Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
· Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
· Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
· Promote campus policies that support sustainability
For more information on the Green Office Program www.greenoffice.umd.edu
For more information about campus sustainability www.sustainability.umd.edu