- Cools, Kyla. 2022. “Material Culture and Structural Violence: Reframing Evidence of the Social Gradient in Industrial Contexts.” Historical Archaeology (Forthcoming)
- Cools, Kyla. 2022. “Memory and Relevance: Local History and Outreach at Eckley Miners’ Village.” Northeast Historical Archaeology (Forthcoming)
- Puzalan, Ricardo, Diana Marsh, and Kyla Cools. 2017. “Beyond Likes, Clicks, and Downloads: Identifying Meaningful Impacts for Digitized Ethnographic Archives.” Archivaria. 84 (Fall 2017): 61-102.
- Cools, Kyla and Katherine Boyle. 2017. “The Great Divide: Teaching Collaborative Methodologies in Academia.” Practicing Anthropology. 40 (1): 29-33.
- Cools, Kyla. 2017. “Exploring Labor and Physical Disability in NEPA.” Practicing Anthropology, Spotlight on Student Research at the University of Maryland. Vol. 39, 17-19.
Areas of Interest
- Historical Archaeology
- Labor Archaeology
- Museum Scholarship
- Disability Studies
- Heritage Studies
- Material Culture Studies
- Global Health
Degree TypeBADegree DetailsAnthropology, Michigan State University, 2015
Degree TypeMADegree DetailsUniversity of Maryland, 2019
Department of Anthropology
kcools [at] terpmail.umd.edu